Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Android.. I still got it

So after a few months away from Android I'm back working on a project at Uppsala University. Of course one of the hardest parts of a project is getting the code to run on your machine. Case in point, I spend 35 minutes on adding libraries, fixing dependencies and reconfiguring android.

In detail, the main project relies on three external libraries, two of which compiled and generated their jar files in the right place, but Google play services wanted to play tough and not see any of the Android libraries. It took me a while, but you don't actually fix this problem in the build path menu, you have to go to the Android tab in the properties window.

So after a slow start I can actually start running the code and making changes. I hate to say it, but I really didn't miss Eclipse during our "break."